The term dangerous goods describes the goods that can cause danger for the environment, life, human health as well as public order and safety.
The transport of dangerous goods is made depending on the transportation type according to specific legislative demands.
- The ADR agreement on road transport.
- The RID regulation on rail transport.
- The ΙΜDG regulation on maritime transport and the IMDN on navigable rivers.
- The ΙΑΤΑ provisions on air transport.
And the current national legislation.
According to the legislation, the ADR occupation is obligatory for every business that its activities include road, rail transport of dangerous goods as well as loading actions that are connected with these transports.
SustChem Engineering offers the following services:
The ADR Advisor has as his/her main mission the research of any mean and the promotion of any action, within the framework of loading activities and dangerous goods transport, in order for the legislative demands to be complied and at the same time to ease the process of the above mentioned activities.
Within the framework of his/her responsibilities, he/she performs regular checks concerning safety matters at heavy vehicles and company’s facilities of dangerous goods loading and more specifically he/she checks the following issues:
- General precaution and safety measures.
- Ranking of dangerous
- General transport and storing terms of dangerous goods.
- Indications and transport labels.
- Vocational training of drivers and loading personnel.
- Route papers and transport certificates.
- Composition of safety guides.
He has the obligation of conducting an annual report regarding the company’s administration concerning the dangerous goods transport which will share to the Division of Road Safety and Environment of the Hellenic Ministry of Transportation and Communications and to the competent Police Authority. The reports are saved for five years and remain at national authorities’ disposal, following their demand.